Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Surgery, Breast
Our Florida Hospital Cancer Institute (FHCI) is looking for a dynamic, charismatic, and experienced surgeon to lead our breast surgery program. The Breast Surgical Director is responsible for the development and deployment of tumor specific pathways and standards of care. This position will also provide leadership to achieve clinical quality improvement outcomes, as well as to achieve efficiency of care improvement outcomes.
This is a predominately clinical opportunity with the physician based in the Center for Specialized Surgery (website). This employed group consists of 15 physicians with various locations around our hospital system in Orlando. The Center for Specialized Surgery is also our academic faculty group for our General Surgery residency, led through Dr. Steve Eubanks, Executive Director of Academic Surgery, and Dr. Scott Bloom, Program Director of Florida Hospital General Surgery Residency.
The Surgical Director will collaborate with academia, industry and our community surgeons to advance innovation and will provide leadership to advance patient experience outcomes. The position is based in Orlando, Florida at our 1100 bed tertiary facility, and is also part of our Cancer Institute, with locations across a regional network of eight hospitals.
Our FHCI Vision: National recognition as a Cancer Institute that provides patients access to value-based, personalized care through high specialized, comprehensive, and innovative destination programs. FHCI is a comprehensive program offering medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pediatric oncology, neuro-oncology, Gyn oncology, bone marrow transplant as well as research. For more information visit (website).
Several of the qualifications and requirements include:
- Charismatic individual with ability to lead and mentor teams and foster collaboration
- Demonstrated experience of programmatic building in the breast tumor site model
- Ten years of subspecialty experience with five years of leadership experience preferred
- Track record of successful clinical research
- National connections in the breast surgery field
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work with an open medical staff (blend of employed and private physicians) to achieve FHCI vision and priorities
- Board Certification in General Surgery
- Fellowship training preferred but not required