Location: Altamonte Springs, FL - Specialty: Certified Nurse Midwife
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
- Position will require a rotation to our Deltona Clinic which will open in January of 2018
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- 1-3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Masters Degree in Nursing with Mid-Wife Certification
- Minimum three years of experience as RN; one year as midwife in hospital setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital and clinic setting
- 3 years’ experience as nurse in hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).