Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Opportunities available in the Orlando, Florida area.
Our partnership with Walt Disney World is one of the most exciting ventures in the healthcare arena. The affiliation between Walt Disney World and Florida Hospital is bringing two of the largest and most prestigious organizations together for an amazing goal: to provide first class healthcare for children in an environment filled with healing and happiness.
Below is the link to the Children’s Hospital where you can read more about the NICU:
We are looking for dynamic, innovative, and hardworking Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to join our group at the Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children located in downtown Orlando. Our team consists of 12 neonatologists, 5 Neonatal Hospitalists and 17 neonatal nurse practitioners. We recently expanded our NICU into a newly built, beautiful, state-of-the-art facility in 2017.
We currently have 102 neonatal beds and four other Level II NICU’s in hospitals around the Orlando area for a total of 150 neonatal beds in our system. We have a dedicated Neonatal transport team and are supported by experienced Pediatric Subspecialists.
- The ARNP/PA is responsible for providing care for NICU patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice
- Evaluate patients, perform procedures, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
- This position consists of a combination day, nights and weekend shifts
- Must hold a valid Florida ARNP with Neonatal Nurse Practitioner certification or Physician Assistant license
- Certification through ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally recognized certifying body (or eligible)
Relocation Assistance provided, along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Florida Hospital for Children provides patients and families with an extraordinary neonatal care network through a world-class team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and support staff in extraordinary facilities throughout Central Florida. Our Neonatal Intensive Care Units combine state-of-the art technology, soothing environments and a range of specialty services to provide the highest level of care to our tiniest patients.
- We are the first hospital system in the nation to use the Draeger Babyleo TN500 IncuWarmer, which uses groundbreaking technology to regulate body heat, maximize efficiency, and allows better bonding between parents and their babies.
- Team of specialists who provide diagnostic and therapeutic services, from minimally invasive surgery to leading-edge procedures
- Advanced neonatal respiratory program
- Parent education, including CPR training, certified lactation consultants, screening specialists and developmental follow-up
- Rehabilitation services such as physical therapy, occupation therapy, speech therapy, as well as music therapy
- Developmental care that focuses on positioning, comfort and feeding assessments to provide each baby with their own plan for success
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, including a 22 bed PICU, 10 bed Cardiac ICU, 102 NICU beds at FHFC, with an extensive network of four other Level II NICU’s that bring our total number of NICU beds to over 150, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program and upcoming pediatric liver transplant. Our unparalleled network consists of 26 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida