The APP for this position would primarily work in Collaboration with:
Sarah George, MD, FACP a board-certified internal medicine, hematology and oncology physician that has been recognized by the American Society of Hematology Clinical Research Training Institute for her dedication and commitment to clinical research. Dr. George specializes in comprehensive care for breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer and myeloproliferative disorders, offering patients a wide range of services, including diagnosis and treatment, administration of inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy, and pain and symptom control.
The ARNP or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of oncology patients within the Hospital and Clinic setting at Florida Hospital East Orlando off of Lake Underhill.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Candidate will see patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting. The hospital’s that might be covered for call will be Florida Hospital Altamonte, Orlando and East to help ensure patient care needs are met throughout the practice
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
- Strong communication skills
- Strong medical decision making skills are a must
- Strong clinical background with an emphasis on oncology related conditions
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as needed by the practice as night and weekend on-call responsibilities may be required
- Candidate must be able to pass a third party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Studies
- 1-3 years of experience as ARNP or PA-C in Hematology/Oncology practice
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida ARNP or PA license
- ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA certification is required
- BLS and ACLS required
- ONS Certification preferred
Cancer Institute of Florida is one of the largest hematology and oncology practices in Central Florida. The practice has made significant strides in breast cancer, colorectal cancer and lung cancer research, early diagnosis and positive patient outcomes.
Our physicians are heavily involved in clinical trials, which allow us to be on the cutting edge of the latest medical breakthroughs in detection, prevention, treatment and research. With seven physicians and three office locations, we are committed to providing comprehensive continuum of services, access to national clinical trials and world class cancer treatment.
The practice works within the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute which is the largest cancer center in Central Florida, recognized worldwide for its comprehensive, state-of-the-art care and reputation as a destination cancer care facility. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the latest treatments and technologies, managed by an experienced, knowledgeable team that utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to providing compassionate care that focuses on the most positive outcomes possible.
The institute has been ranked among the top five in the nation for robotic gynecologic-oncology surgeries and is the world leader in robotic prostatectomies using the da Vinci® Surgical System. More than 8,000 cancer surgeries are performed annually at FHCI.
The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute Is accredited as a Community Comprehensive Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology for its clinical research. We maintain research affiliations with the National Cancer Institute, Sarah Cannon Research Institute and many other health care institutions and organizations.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital East Orlando, a 295-bed full service community hospital became part of the Adventist Health System in 1991. We are proud to serve approximately 180,000 patients annually, which include more than 16,500 inpatients and 79,330 outpatients at Florida Hospital East Orlando. In addition, our emergency visits totaled 120,665 in 2017.
As a part of one of the fastest growing communities in Central Florida, our hospital caters to the east Orange County population. This market consists of the popular Waterford Lakes, Avalon Park, Lake Nona and University of Central Florida areas. As our community continues to broaden, so does Florida Hospital East Orlando with our recent 200,000 square foot $80 million expansion project. It also has expanded Radiology, Imaging and Cardiopulmonary departments. Current expansion plans include the building of a second cath lab and remodel of the existing cath lab. This $6 million investment has already begun and completion is set for Q4 2018. In addition to new and improved cath labs, East Orlando will open 2 new advanced MR machines that will provide state of the art image quality, provide a better patient experience and increase access for physicians. Both MR suites will be complete by Q3 2018.
Florida Hospital East Orlando is the primary campus for approximately 275 physicians who can utilize our four, new inpatient surgical suites as well as our new technologically advanced 13,500 square foot Outpatient Surgery Center. Our specialized services include: Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopedic Institute, Respiratory Care, Center for Family Care, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Men's and Women's Health Programs, Women's Health Pavilion, Hospice Care, Seizure Monitoring, Telemedicine Program, Digestive Health Services, Primary Stroke Center and Sleep Disorders Center.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- 100 Year Celebration
- Hospital Website