Physician Assistant, PA-C, Full-Time Career Opportunity
Heart Surgeons for Kids
Florida Hospital for Children- Orlando, FL
Heart Surgeons for Kids is seeking a Certified Physician Assistant, PA-C to join a growing program and practice. The role involves direct care for infants, children, teenagers, and adults with congenital heart disease. The PA-C would work in outpatient and inpatient settings. Also, he/she may also have a role in the OR during surgery. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, and inpatient cardiology. All services would be under the supervision of the heart surgeons.
Heart Surgeons for Kids is led by two world renown congenital heart surgeons at the Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children in Orlando, FL:
- Frank Pigula, M.D.
- Constantine Mavroudis, M.D.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs patient histories and physical exams of pediatric and adult congenital heart patients in the office and hospital setting
- Handles daily patient rounds within the Pediatric Cardiac ICU, patient education and discharge summaries
- First assisting in the OR as needed, bedside procedures, ventilator management
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital/Lab procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Experience in Adult and Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease Management
- Experience with congenital heart patients preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA-C license (or eligible)
- Certification through NCCPA or other nationally recognized certification body
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, including a 22 bed PICU, 10 bed Cardiac ICU, 102 NICU beds at FHFC, with an extensive network of four other Level II NICU’s that bring our total number of NICU beds to over 150, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program and a new pediatric liver transplant program. Our unparalleled network consists of 26 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida