Full Time Position
The PA or ARNP under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Schedule is Mon-Fri with the potential for call responsibilities as needed and occasional weekend coverage
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bi- Lingual in Spanish
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Studies
- 1-3 years of experience as a PA-C or ARNP; Urology and Oncology preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA or ARNP license
- Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
- BLS & ACLS
Our skilled, well-known and award-winning urologists at Florida Urology Associates offer the most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments for urology conditions affecting both men and women. Through minimally-invasive, laparascopic procedures and surgery using the acclaimed da Vinci® Surgical System, patients suffering from all manner of urologic disorders can find healing, often with same-day service.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital Orlando is our 1,289 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 2500 beds. Our parent company, Adventist Health System, operates 24 hospitals across the state, with additional hospitals all over the country. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, Florida Hospital Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. At the core of the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, Florida Hospital Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Transplant. Florida Hospital Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Years Celebration
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Florida Hospital Graduate Medical Education