The PA or APRN under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions in the clinic and hospital setting
- Treating all ages, male and female
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Schedule is Mon-Fri with the potential for call responsibilities as needed and occasional weekend coverage
- Primarily managing outpatient clinic at the Altamonte Office
- Procedures performed: cystoscopy, catheter placement and removal
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is required
- 1-3 years of experience as a PA-C or APRN; Urology preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
- Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
- BLS & ACLS
Our skilled, well-known and award-winning urologists at Florida Urology Associates offer the most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments for urology conditions affecting both men and women. Through minimally-invasive, laparascopic procedures and surgery using the acclaimed da Vinci® Surgical System, patients suffering from all manner of urologic disorders can find healing, often with same-day service.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital Altamonte was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973, and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. This growth continues today with the construction of a Spine and Orthopaedic inpatient unit, four additional state-of-the-art operating rooms and a new addition that doubled the size of the Obstetrics unit. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,456 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. Florida Hospital Altamonte, known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees and the popular Eden Spa that includes services specifically designed for cancer patients.
24-Hour Emergency Department, Audiology, Breast Center of Excellence, Cancer, Cardiology, Critical Care, Diabetes, Diagnostic Imaging (including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Cardiology), Digestive Health, GYN Center of Excellence, Interventional Cardiology, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Obstetrics, Orthopedics and Spine Institute, Outpatient, Pain Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Respiratory Care and Women’s Services.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration