- Performs admissions, consultations & follow up care of pediatric patients in the Pediatric Cardiac ICU setting, such as intubation & ventilator management
- Managing pre & post-operative congenital heart surgical patients
- Conditions treated: Mitral Valve Prolapse, Aneurysms, Tracheal Rings, Congenital Heart Defects, Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO), Atrial Septal Defect (ASD), Double Outlet Right Ventricle
- Educates patient & family on treatment plans, surgical procedures, pre & post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment & makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician & staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients & support to staff
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check & pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, 12 hour shifts, days, evenings, weekends & holidays
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant or Pediatric/Family Nurse Practitioner studies from an accredited program
- 1-3 years in experience as a Pediatric ARNP or PA-C in an ICU, acute care or ER setting
- Current, valid Florida ARNP license (or eligibility to obtain FL licensure)
- Certification by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB)
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
The Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children is seeking Pediatric Cardiac ARNP or PA's to focus their clinical experience and expertise in our 10 bed Cardiac ICU. This APP will be part of our larger pediatric intensive care group at Florida Hospital for Children which consists of approximately eight physicians and four advanced practitioners. We also have an active Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Program, a pediatric residency program with 6 residents per year and clinical research opportunities. Our hospital is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, including a 22 bed PICU, 10 bed Cardiac ICU, an 81 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, and we are developing two new Level 2 NICU’s in Orlando in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 26 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, including a 22 bed PICU, 10 bed Cardiac ICU, 102 NICU beds at FHFC, with an extensive network of four other Level II NICU’s that bring our total number of NICU beds to over 150, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program and upcoming pediatric liver transplant. Our unparalleled network consists of 26 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida