Our practice is the clinical arm of the Florida Hospital Diabetes Institute (FHDI), one of the largest diabetes institutes in the country. In addition to comprehensive treatment and management of endocrine disorders such as diabetes, we are involved in leading-edge research to develop new therapies and treatments.
The ARNP or PA-C under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations and evaluation of adult patients with diabetes, endocrine disorders and metabolic diseases Primarily in the clinic setting.
- Responsibilities will also include 1- 2 days of Inpatient rounding at Florida Hospital Orlando. Number of days will be dependent on the census.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor(s) and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with patients, family members, hospital employees and other health care providers
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision making skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with availability for some evening and weekend call/coverage as practice needs dictate
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass professional reference checks, a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master’s degree in Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner studies
- Or Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies
- Previous experience providing care for patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida ARNP license
- ANCC or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
The endocrinologists at Florida Diabetes & Endocrine Center are experts in their field and offer premier treatment and care for a wide variety of disorders ranging from diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism. Our fellowship-trained providers offer advanced outpatient and inpatient clinical management of diabetes and other metabolic and endocrine disorders. Ranked as one of the top diabetes and endocrinology programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report, our practice brings together some of the area’s top specialists. They provide compassionate, individualized, patient-centered care with a focus on healthy lifestyles and the prevention of complications related to diabetes.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital Orlando is our 1,289 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 2500 beds. Our parent company, Adventist Health System, operates 24 hospitals across the state, with additional hospitals all over the country. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, Florida Hospital Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. At the core of the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, Florida Hospital Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Transplant. Florida Hospital Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Years Celebration
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Florida Hospital Graduate Medical Education