- Performs physical examinations and evaluation of adult patients with diabetes, endocrine disorders and metabolic diseases Primarily in the clinic setting.
- Responsibilities will also include2 -3 days of Inpatient rounding at Florida Hospital Winter Park. Number of days will be dependent on the census.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor(s) and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with patients, family members, hospital employees and other health care providers
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision making skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with availability for some evening and weekend call/coverage as practice needs dictate
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass professional reference checks, a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master’s degree in Nursing or in Physician Assistant Studies
- Previous experience providing care for patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- ANCC or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 320-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, Winter Park Memorial Hospital's Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration