PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
- Position will require a rotation to our Deltona Clinic which will open in January of 2018
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- 1-3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Masters Degree in Nursing with Mid-Wife Certification
- Minimum three years of experience as RN; one year as midwife in hospital setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital and clinic setting
- 3 years’ experience as nurse in hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
Serving Women’s OB/GYN Needs is Our Specialty
Each of the three OB/GYN physicians and certified nurse-midwives at Florida Women’s Center is dedicated to delivering complete and compassion obstetrics and gynecologic care to women of Altamonte Springs, Apopka and Lake Mary, Florida. From puberty to family planning and midwifery to minimally invasive or robotic surgical options to menopause management— women will find the highest quality of comprehensive and individualized medical and surgical care.
Our state-of-the-art facility is fully equipped to handle many OB/GYN issues—from complex gynecologic conditions, to well-woman care and revolutionary birth control methods and from STD testing to surgical procedures. Our medical team stays abreast of the latest procedures and therapies to ensure patients get the care they need—and back to the life they want. Our surgeons are da Vinci® Surgical System trained, while each of the midwives holds advanced certifications.
Florida Women's Center works closely with Florida Hospital Altamonte, which was recently recognized as a "Center of Excellence" by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery (AIMIS) for their advancements in women's surgery.
Our team values our CNM colleagues and the midwifery care model. CNMs take call within the hospital, working in collaboration with our physicians. We are proud to deliver all our patients at the extraordinary Florida Hospital Altamonte.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital Altamonte was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973, and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. This growth continues today with the construction of a Spine and Orthopaedic inpatient unit, four additional state-of-the-art operating rooms and a new addition that doubled the size of the Obstetrics unit. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,456 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. Florida Hospital Altamonte, known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees and the popular Eden Spa that includes services specifically designed for cancer patients.
24-Hour Emergency Department, Audiology, Breast Center of Excellence, Cancer, Cardiology, Critical Care, Diabetes, Diagnostic Imaging (including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Cardiology), Digestive Health, GYN Center of Excellence, Interventional Cardiology, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Obstetrics, Orthopedics and Spine Institute, Outpatient, Pain Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Respiratory Care and Women’s Services.
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS Although Altamonte Springs was incorporated in 1920, its population totaled only 5,000 as recently as 1970. But that was before developers turned this erstwhile whistle stop into a thriving suburb. Today, Altamonte Springs, population 42,300, is known primarily for the Altamonte Mall, built in 1974 as the area's first regional mall, and for the presence of virtually every chain eatery in the world. Many of the city's subdivisions can be found along Palm Springs Drive, Maitland Avenue and Montgomery Road, not far from the mall. Some of the older developments are nestled around hidden lakes that seem far removed from the hustle and bustle. Multifamily housing also is plentiful, with no fewer than 30 apartment developments located within the city limits, primarily along Semoran Boulevard, also known as S.R. 436. Apartment living, plus the convenience of shopping and entertainment venues, has made Altamonte Springs popular among young adults. But because no city wants its identity tied entirely to a mall, local officials are focusing on a 25-acre project called Uptown Altamonte, which would shift the focus toward adjacent Crane's Roost Park and its 40-acre manmade lake. Uptown Altamonte, a $250 million partnership between the city's Community Redevelopment Agency and Unicorp National Developments, will encompass 1.5 million square feet of retail space, offices and condominiums. And overlooking Crane's Roost Lake is Emerson Plaza, a condominium tower where units have sold so well that developer Emerson International has started construction on a second tower. Source: Orlando Homebuyer Magazine
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration
- City of Altamonte Springs
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation