- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in triage.
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
- 1-3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital setting
- Masters Degree in Nursing or related field
Minimum three years of experience as RN; one year as midwife in hospital setting.
- 3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital setting
- 3 years’ experience as nurse in hospital setting
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Since 1908, Florida Hospital Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. At the core of the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, Florida Hospital Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Transplant. Florida Hospital Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Years Celebration
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Florida Hospital Graduate Medical Education