CVICU Provider Opportunities- Physician Assistant, PA-C
Florida Hospital Orlando
- Provides direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure, utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the patient's physician.
- Obtains patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings in accordance with hospital requirements.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and external cardiac massage; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols; and defibrillation according to Advanced Cardiac Life Support standards.
- Under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital, inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment.
- Interfaces patients with monitoring and instrumentation equipment, and directs and educates others in performing the same functions.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents in medical records and appropriate narrative summaries.
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Provides family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of their family member.
- Utilizes current research and evidence-based decision-making in all clinical practice.
- Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, ventricular assist device, and ECMO patient in the OR and ICU's.
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Demonstrates responsibility for professional practice through active participation in professional organizations and continuing education.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certificate.
- Credentialed, or in training for, the following procedure skills:
- Arterial line insertion
- Central line insertion
- Pulmonary artery catheter insertion
- Airway management
- Completion of the FH Hemodynamic and Procedure Training program and attainment of a passing score 80% on the post-test.
- Ability to provide in-hospital coverage on a rotating shift basis. The shifts may include days, mid, evenings, and nights.
- Fundamentals in Critical Ca&l
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital Orlando is our 1,289 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 2500 beds. Our parent company, Adventist Health System, operates 24 hospitals across the state, with additional hospitals all over the country. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, Florida Hospital Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. At the core of the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, Florida Hospital Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Transplant. Florida Hospital Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Years Celebration
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Florida Hospital Graduate Medical Education