The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of hematology and oncology patients primarily in the outpatient setting at our Altamonte Location.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Candidate will also see patients in the inpatient setting on a rotating basis. The hospital’s that might be covered for call will be Florida Hospital Altamonte, Orlando and East to help ensure patient care needs are met throughout the practice
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
- Strong communication skills
- Strong medical decision making skills are a must
- Strong clinical background with an emphasis on oncology related conditions
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as needed by the practice as night and weekend on-call responsibilities may be required
- Candidate must be able to pass a third party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant Studies
- 1-3 years of experience as APRN or PA-C in Hematology/Oncology practice REQUIRED
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA certification is required
- BLS and ACLS required
- ONS Certification preferred
Cancer Institute of Florida- Altamonte Springs, FL
For more Hospital Information: floridahospitalcancer.com
For more Practice Information: cancerinstituteofflorida.com
Cancer Institute of Florida is one of the largest hematology and oncology practices in Central Florida. The practice has made significant strides in breast cancer, colorectal cancer and lung cancer research, early diagnosis and positive patient outcomes.
Our physicians are heavily involved in clinical trials, which allow us to be on the cutting edge of the latest medical breakthroughs in detection, prevention, treatment and research. With seven physicians and three office locations, we are committed to providing comprehensive continuum of services, access to national clinical trials and world class cancer treatment.
The practice works within the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute which is the largest cancer center in Central Florida, recognized worldwide for its comprehensive, state-of-the-art care and reputation as a destination cancer care facility. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the latest treatments and technologies, managed by an experienced, knowledgeable team that utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to providing compassionate care that focuses on the most positive outcomes possible.
The institute has been ranked among the top five in the nation for robotic gynecologic-oncology surgeries and is the world leader in robotic prostatectomies using the da Vinci® Surgical System. More than 8,000 cancer surgeries are performed annually at FHCI.
The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute Is accredited as a Community Comprehensive Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology for its clinical research. We maintain research affiliations with the National Cancer Institute, Sarah Cannon Research Institute and many other health care institutions and organizations.
Whether administering life-saving care for a premature infant, offering hope for a young leukemia patient, or educating an adult newly diagnosed with diabetes, FHMG physicians focus their efforts on patient care. Our practice and corporate support staff provide the customer service, billing, human resources, managed care and administrative services that allow our physicians to concentrate on what they do best - applying their knowledge, skill and experience to improve the health and well being of the individuals they serve. Guided by our Mission and Commitments, FHMG physicians and staff continuously seek to improve our standard of care, exceed customer expectations and improve patient satisfaction. We accomplish this through ongoing education and training and by listening to our patients. Our determination to bring more primary care physicians and specialists to the community is possible only because of the trust and confidence our patients place in us.
Florida Hospital Altamonte was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973, and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. This growth continues today with the construction of a Spine and Orthopaedic inpatient unit, four additional state-of-the-art operating rooms and a new addition that doubled the size of the Obstetrics unit. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,456 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. Florida Hospital Altamonte, known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees and the popular Eden Spa that includes services specifically designed for cancer patients.
24-Hour Emergency Department, Audiology, Breast Center of Excellence, Cancer, Cardiology, Critical Care, Diabetes, Diagnostic Imaging (including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Cardiology), Digestive Health, GYN Center of Excellence, Interventional Cardiology, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Obstetrics, Orthopedics and Spine Institute, Outpatient, Pain Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Respiratory Care and Women’s Services.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- 100 Year Celebration